Tuesday 13 April 2010

FitDay - know what you're eating

I signed up for FitDay last week, having seen it used by Mark over at MDA to demonstrate what his daily food intake looks like, and I have to say, it really is great.

Now, I'm not one of those people who has to know exactly what they're eating, I don't measure out my portions and I don't obsessively control amounts or types of foods that I eat. I eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm sated, and I'll eat whatever Primal food I fancy at the time. When I cook I sorta just make up recipes as I go along, "hey, some almond flour would be good to thicken up this homemade tomato sauce, and some cumin would bring some awesome flavour..." but at the moment, because I'm being careful not to go over about 50g of carbs per day (admittedly pretty hard with just vegetables anyway), I find that FitDay is very useful to keep track of how many of each block I'm eating (protein, carbs, fat) and I can make sure that I'm getting mostly fat, then protein, then carbs. Of course that doesn't count on IF days, when I'm not eating at all.

Anyway so if you're a Primal newbie, or if you like knowing what you're consuming, or even if you're just kinda interested to know how your daily intake measures up, head on over to FitDay and sign up for free.

Here's one of my days, as a lovely example of a good Primal diet!












Fat (64%) Carbs (11%)

Protein (24%) Alcohol (0%)

No comments:

Post a Comment