Monday 19 April 2010

Dinner round the In-Laws' and the absolute absurdity of grains

This weekend we had great weather (for once) so I spent a lot of time down at the local apple orchards soaking up my fair share of Vitamin D. We got invited to have dinner at my fiance's parents' place on Saturday night, and as we are trying to save every last penny, we never turn down a free meal. They made Fajitas. Actually not a bad meal considering, the only really non Primal thing about them is the tortilla.

Well, I obliged and wrapped my tasty looking grilled chicken pieces, vegetables, guacamole, sour cream and cheese in a tortilla. I didn't want to get into it with the In-Laws-to-be about why I don't eat grains as a rule. I figured that one tortilla as my total non-Primal foods for 2 weeks was nothing to be sniffed at. Anyway, I realised when I ate this thing that I would much rather eat the filling on it's own. Grains taste horrible now! They're weird and fluffy and gloopy and airy and taste of nothingness! I am so very glad that I have found my way into the Primal light at the end of the very long, dark CW tunnel. It's official people, I hate grains!

I am so happy that I no longer rely on grains for the basis of my diet, and doing so doesn't even make sense to me any more. Why is it that we use real foods as a sort of additional piece in our meals rather than letting it take centre stage? Why would you have a tuna salad sandwich, when you could have a tuna salad? The bread doesn't taste of anything, nor does it offer any real nutritional value. Why have garlic bread and potato wedges for a starter when eating out, when you could have a garden salad, or chicken wings?! It's absolutely nonsensical and I hope that one day the rest of the world will see the light too, as we have, and never look back!

I love Primal life! Hurrah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment